The Pinhole® Surgical Technique
The Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST), also known as Pinhole® Gum Rejuvenation, is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for correcting gum recession. Through a small hole made by a needle, the surgeon uses specially designed instruments to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no cutting or stitching, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Most patients also are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
How is Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™) performed?
During the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique™, a needle is used to make a small hole in the patient’s existing gum tissue. Through this pinhole, special instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue. These tools help expand and slide the gumline to cover the exposed root structure.
There are no grafts, no sutures, and no incisions needed with the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique™. It simply involves the adjustment of the existing tissue.
What are the benefits of Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST™)?
The benefits of the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique are many:
- Less discomfort for the patient after treatment
- Faster recovery for the patient than traditional grafting
- No need for uncomfortable sutures
- No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools
- No need to take donor tissue from the patient’s palate
- Excellent, natural-looking, long-lasting results